The morning session starts at 8.45am
- The children self-register when they come in and have free choice of all the toys and activities on offer.
- Carpet time brings all the children together.
- Children have access to indoor and outdoor free flow areas which provides a range of activities planned for children’s development and interests in addition to preparing them in readiness for school.
- We provide a rolling snack time where children can choose to take a break from play when they are ready. Children can choose from a selection of healthy foods and pour their own drinks. Water and milk are available. Social eating helps a child learn about healthy eating and promotes independence through making choices and serving food and drink themselves.
- Small group time activities developing maths and phonics
Before the end of the morning session there is carpet time for story and singing
Lunch club takes place from 11.45am until 12.30pm. Children attending sit down together to eat a hot meal provided by Thringstone Primary School or their own packed lunch. They are joined by members of staff who promote healthy eating and good table manners.
The afternoon session starts at 12.30pm
- Children have access to indoor and outdoor free flow areas. Activities are planned for children’s development and interests.
- ‘Topic Talk’ time where children learn about our chosen topic which follows children’s interest
- Free flow play continues with continued rolling snack time
- Before the end of the afternoon session there is tidy up time followed by carpet time for story and singing
The afternoon session finishes at 3.30pm
In addition to the above routines and activities, Forest Schools sessions take place on a regular basis. They are not planned on specific days but are spontaneous and follow children’s needs and interests.
The pre-school also has access to the grounds and facilities at Thringstone Primary School.